Thursday, February 14, 2013

It's Valentine's Day!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!  I have been busy and haven't blogged in a while.  I know I've said it before, but I will say it again...being a mom to 4 little boys is CRAZY {or if I was cool like the young kids I would say cray cray!}  I love it...but am constantly exhausted and constantly going!  It's all good though, because today I have 5 sweet Valentines to love on!

I joined in on a fun little Valentine's Swap and wanted to share what sweet Colleta from Colletta's Kitchen Sink sent me!  Alissa and Caroline hosted the swap and sent me Colletta's name, her blog info and some of her favorite things and I put together a fun little package for her and in return she sent a package to me!!  Getting fun mail is seriously one of my favorite things EVER!!  So when my package arrived I couldn't wait to tear it open!  She sent a comfy, cozy valentines throw with a heart pillow along with a love wax warmer!  So fun!  Thank you Colletta!!!

I tend to down play Valentine's Day because Braydon's birthday is the day before, my hubby always works and I'm in a house full of boys...BUT it has been so fun this year as I decided to embrace it!  The cozy throw has been snuggled by me with all my boys and the warmer has added a fun warmth to my mantel decorations!  Tonight I am going to take it easy for dinner, especially since Casey will be working anyway.  I know I share pasta dishes often, but lets face it kids LOVE pasta!!  I always put veggies in it and I figure if a little pasta will get them to eat the other stuff they can have pasta all the time!!

Lemon Broccoli Pasta
`1 pound short pasta
`3 cups broccoli florets {I prefer fresh but frozen works too!}
`3ish tablespoons olive oil
`Zest of 1 lemon
`Juice from 1/2 lemon
`1/4 cup parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
`Salt & Pepper

Boil your pasta according to the directions on the package in salted water.  3 minutes before the past is done add in your broccoli florets.  Drain pasta/broccoli and then return to pan.  Add olive oil and toss.  Next add lemon zest, lemon juice and parmesan cheese and fold it it.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Serve with freshly grated parmesan on top!  My boys can't get enough of this pasta, in fact my most picky eater calls me "the best mommy in the whole wide world!" when I feed him this dish!  Seriously delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment