Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Creamy Chicken and Rice

Well, I have been missing for a while.  I didn't mean I stopped cooking, I have just been so crazy busy!   I am about 3 1/2 months pregnant with our 4th baby which means when I am not feeling nauseous I am EXTREMELY tired, so that means no energy to blog :(  The good news is my first blog back is a recipe that is soooo easy even my mom might try to make it! (She thinks my recipes are too hard or involved and doesn't normally try them :(  I promise, everything I put on here anyone can make!!)

Anyway, onto the food!!  This is so easy and so yummy!  I hope you enjoy it as much as my family did!!

Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
3 tablespoons herb de provence (or italian type seasoning)
Salt & Pepper
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 8 oz package of cream cheese, also in cubes
1 can cream of chicken soup
3 tablespoons milk
about 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
Cooked long grain rice for serving!

First lay out your cubed raw chicken and toss with salt, pepper and herbs de provence.  In a saute pan melt butter and oil and heat up.  When the oil is hot add your chicken cubes (the hot oil will help the chicken not to stick!)  Stir when necessary to brown each side of chicken, it may still be raw inside.  Next add in your cream cheese, stirring to melt it along with your cream of chicken soup.  Stir until mixed together, it will be thick so add in your milk!  Just before serving stir in your green onions!  This will add a little crunch and fresh taste to your dinner.  Serve creamy chicken over rice and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment