Friday, January 14, 2011

Trader Joe's Masala Sauce

Trader Joe's has so many delicious and healthy options and so many of them I am sure I don't even know about yet!! One of my favorite finds is the Masala Simmer Sauce. A friend made me dinner when Braydon was born and she used this sauce, I loved it, but didn't shop at Traders then. Well, I do now and I always grab a couple of these simmer sauces when I am there!! Its a great little thing to keep in the pantry and pull out for a quick easy dinner!! You can make chicken masala, shrimp masala, veggie masala or whatever you like! Just pour it over some rice and its an awesome meal!
Check out my favorite way to make it! It is easy and a great way to get your kids to eat more veggies :)
Ingredients:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 ribs celery, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 Jar Masala Simmer Sauce
2 cups chicken broth
chicken or shrimp if desired
1 cup fresh or frozen corn
Salt & Pepper

Start by coating the pan with olive oil. To a hot pan add your onion, carrots, celery, bell pepper and garlic (season with salt & pepper) and saute in pan until soft. Now add your sauce, chicken broth and corn. If you are adding chicken or shrimp its time to add it now!! Let the sauce simmer on low for about 15 minutes (or until your meat is cooked). Now serve it over rice and maybe add a salad and dinner is ready!


No comments:

Post a Comment